Submitted by theresa on Wed, 2013-02-27 17:33
THE FROG HOG’S TOP FIVE PROVISIONS
TO LOOK OUT FOR IN BOILERPLATE CONTRACTS
- 1) There goes the Judge!
- Don’t let the fine print lock you out of the courtroom because it forces you into arbitration instead - often in places far away from where you live or work!
- 2) There goes the Class!
- Don’t let the fine print take away your right to band with others to go to court over small but unfair price gouges, deceptive or abusive practices that can hurt a whole class of consumers!
- 3) There goes Free Speech!
- Don’t let the fine print take away your all-American right to talk about or criticize a product or service!
- 4) There goes Accountability!
- Don’t let the fine print take away vendor responsibility for cheating or harming consumers through waivers of responsibility!
- 5) There goes Fairness!
- Don’t let the fine print give vendors one-way power to change the contract terms whenever they want! Refuse to agree their power to unilaterally rewrite in ways that profit them to your disadvantage!